Responsible for managing the scope, deliverables, schedule, budget and quality of new projects for Intermatic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements in accordance with internal New Product Development process.
- Identifies required resources and assigns responsibilities.
- Ensures that each stage of the project is progressing on time, on budget and to the right quality standards and is tracked appropriately.
- Effectively applies NPD methodology and enforces project standards.
- Ensures project documentation is complete, current, and archived appropriately.
- Coordinates with Engineering, Operations, Marketing, Sales and Suppliers to meet product delivery deadlines.
- Must be comfortable presenting project issues and summaries to senior management.
Education and/or experience:
- BS Degree in Engineering or equivalent, with 5+ years experience including managing product development projects.
- PMP or IPMA Level B or C Certification a plus.
- Experience in the design and manufacture of electromechanical and electronic products.
- Experience with UL, CSA, and other regulatory agency requirements and their effect on project management.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Capable of working under pressure in busy office environment. Able to concentrate on various activities at one time. Able to communicate to all levels of management. Under minimal supervision can meet deadlines. Must be a team player with exceptional organizational skills.
Full-time Intermatic employees have access to a strong program of benefits effective date of hire.
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
In addition, Intermatic offers employees:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health and Wellness Culture
- Training and Development
- Active charitable giving events
Intermatic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or disabled veteran status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, Intermatic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Intermatic expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Intermatic’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.