The International Sales Representative (located in South Florida) is responsible for establishing and growing the Intermatic business in the Caribbean region primarily with electrical suppliers and utility companies. This position will include a minimum of 50% travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Focus on business development across channels, building customer relationships and resolving customer issues
- Generate sales by providing product and technical information, merchandising and literature
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions
- Analyze sales data at the Account level and identify gaps to understand and improve business performance
- Drive marketing projects by communicating, organizing and coordinating internal resources
- Increase sales by cross-selling, up-selling and add-on sales
- Work with territory agents and distributors to understand market conditions and unique requirements
- Work with Management to develop annual operating plan and deliver on sales growth targets
- Act as primary point of contact for assigned customer base
- Drive quality issues through the appropriate internal channels and ensure timely resolutions
- Develop and manage special price lists to ensure pricing integrity and to meet marginal goals throughout territory
- Completes sales management administrative needs including SalesForce and expense reporting
- Works with Marketing on pricing issues and Supply Chain on product delivery
Education and/or experience:
- Prior sales experience within the electrical distribution/construction industry preferred
- Excellent English communication skills
- Experience with electronics and industry product line including compliance needs
- Experience with contractors and end users
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Solid understanding of macroeconomic and political considerations in the Caribbean Region strongly preferred
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Lifting products and display material for shows and customer meetings.
Travel to customer meeting and shows.
Full-time Intermatic employees have access to a strong program of benefits effective date of hire.
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
In addition, Intermatic offers employees:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health and Wellness Culture
- Training and Development
- Active charitable giving events
Intermatic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or disabled veteran status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, Intermatic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Intermatic expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Intermatic’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.