Sell Intermatic products through wholesale distribution and direct end-user contact. Promote and provide greater awareness and growth/penetration of the Intermatic product line with customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Report to and support Area Manager within the state of California.
- Support the pursuit and execution of conversions to displace competitive product
- Assist in promoting and placing new products and promotions throughout territory
- Create value for the customer by providing product technical assistance
- Communicate updates on new programs, policies and pricing
- Assist accounts with maintaining of counter displays
- Assist with product training sessions and counter days to educate distributors on new products, promotions and programs
- Approximately 80% of time devoted to support at distribution and direct accounts
- Direct end user sales activity to promote and provide growth to Intermatic product penetration with: Architects/Engineers, Electrical contractors, Institutional accounts, Utilities / Municipalities and Facilities management
- Execute the sales plan to effectively promote Intermatic product with sales calls and training presentations
- Obtain specifications of Intermatic product with architects/engineers
- Create “pull-through” sales opportunities and provide the link with electrical distribution
- Work closely with Manufacturer’s representatives in the territory to make sure they are trained and driving sales of the Intermatic product line
- Develop strong relationships with key customers in the territory
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Previous experience with Sales Force or other CRM tool a plus
- Minimum 5 years’ experience selling in the Electrical Distribution channel
- Proven track record of developing business plans and exceeding annual sales goals
- Ability to resolve conflicts and provide results driven solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Full-time Intermatic employees have access to a strong program of benefits effective date of hire.
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
In addition, Intermatic offers employees:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health and Wellness Culture
- Training and Development
- Active charitable giving events
Intermatic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or disabled veteran status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, Intermatic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Intermatic expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Intermatic’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.