Responsible for leading the US based day-to-day importing, exporting and customs related function of Intermatic Inc. Position is located in El Paso Texas. It will involve occasional travel to Juarez Mexico.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The primary function of this position is to oversee the day-to-day importing, exporting and customs related activities of Intermatic Inc. This includes but is not limited to evaluating customs brokers, updating and administering compliance policies, analyzing and approving products for classification and country of origin marking and labeling, monitoring and reviewing documentation, record keeping, annual reconciliation and duty assist evaluation.
- Lead daily import and export activities
- Review Customs brokers work in ensure compliance, accuracy of entries and accuracy of billing.
- Code invoices for payment.
- Review Import Security Filing (ISF) documentation for accuracy and timely filing.
- Ensure freight forwarders and/or vendors comply with ISF data elements and timeliness
- Determine HTSUS classification
- Determine proper country of origin markings
- Perform NAFTA analysis to verify NAFTA eligibility, including marking analysis and documentation.
- Administer a system to ensure that all documentation is on hand and maintained to service as a basis for reduced duty programs, including NAFTA entry, HTSUS 9801 and 9802.
- Ensure that imported merchandise was properly marked with country of origin.
- Responsible for duty drawback program
- Update Trade Compliance procedure manual (mandatory per US Customs CIP)
- Annually prepare and submit custom reconciliations for Mexico
- Annually renew customs brokers’ Power of Attorney and Intermatic’s customs bond
- Responsible for all facets of customs’ audits; both on site and desk (remote)
Education and/or experience:
- College degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Customs Broker License or coursework preferred
Full-time Intermatic employees have access to a strong program of benefits effective date of hire.
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
In addition, Intermatic offers employees:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health and Wellness Culture
- Training and Development
- Active charitable giving events
Intermatic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or disabled veteran status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, Intermatic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Intermatic expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Intermatic’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.