Effective Date: January 1, 2020
We collect information from you when you visit our website (Intermatic.com), register on our site/portal, fill out a form or download a mobile app. When ordering or registering on our site or on our app, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your personal contact information.
Types of information that we may collect:
- Contact details, such as name, email address, postal address and telephone number.
- Professional information.
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number or bank account details.
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content submitted, including survey information.
- Interests and communication preferences including marketing permissions where appropriate.
- Location information such as provided through a mobile app.
- Voice recordings, and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Website and communication usage information, such as correspondence and details of your use of our website and services obtained through cookies or other tracking technologies.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs and requirements.
- To improve our web site. We continually strive to improve our web site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering products or services requested by you.
- To send periodic e-mails. The e-mail address you provide for order processing or product notifications, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your requests, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: if at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future e-mails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of any e-mail we send.
- To administer an event, contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature.
- To determine location information such as provided through a mobile app.
How we secure personal information:
- We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personal data from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized persons are provided access to personally identifiable information collected.
- Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure. We endeavor to protect personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to or by us.
Do we disclose any information to outside third parties?
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our web site, conducting business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with applicable laws, enforce our site policies, or to protect our or other users' rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third Party links:
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our web site. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Collection of children’s personal information:
- Our services and products are directed at business professionals. They are not intended for children under the age of sixteen. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users in this age group and reserve the right to delete such information if we become aware of having collected it.
- California residents have specific rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Please note that we will seek to verify your identity when we receive an individual rights request from you in order to ensure the security of your information.
- California residents have the right to request the deletion of information, but we may not delete some or all requested personal data as allowed by applicable law. California residents may also request to receive details about how we collect, use, and share your personal data. Specifically, you may request to receive the specific pieces of personal data that we have collected about you.
- Requests can be accommodated by contacting customer support at 815-675-7002.
- We do not sell personal data and do not discriminate against you for exercising any CCPA rights, such as the access and deletion rights described above.
Changes to this Policy: