In a sea of black bathing suits, it’s the polka dot bikini or fire truck red speedo that stands out from the crowd. In opposite fashion, the frumpy fit of traditional weatherproof cover options has been limiting pool and spa aesthetics for years. With their bulky designs and hard-to-open covers, they often stand out for all the wrong reasons.
One savvy way to upgrade any pool panel, patio, lanai or outdoor kitchen is to install new Low-Profile Expandable In-Use Weatherproof Covers by Intermatic.
Unlike traditional weatherproof covers, our low-profile in-use covers include an expandable front window that can be collapsed to save space when not in use, making them the best solution on the market that fits directly onto the pool panel. This improves home aesthetics while delivering dependable, code-compliant protection in a range of pool and spa applications.
Getting to Know the WP6000 and WP7000 Series
Low-Profile Expandable In-Use Weatherproof Covers are a simple solution that improves pool and spa décor in an instant.
Available in standard and extra-duty models, the series provides a sleek alternative to traditional weatherproof cover options and allows pool owners to say goodbye to the bulky “wall warts” they’re used to once and for all.
In addition to an expandable front window, the new design includes a no-hassle latch, with lockable hasp, that can be opened effortlessly with one hand for extra convenience.
Additional features of our low-profile in-use covers include:
- Improved Aesthetics – Unlike traditional covers, low-profile in-use covers include an expandable front window that can be collapsed to save space when not in use
- Code Compliant –WP7000 and WP7200 Series Low-Profile In-Use Covers comply with 2017 NEC Article 406.9 (B)(1) for wet locations and extra-duty applications; CEC 26-702 Compliant; RoHS Compliant
- Configuration Options – Available in single-gang and double-gang configurations, as well as standard and extra-duty; select white, gray or bronze color options; single-gang models can accommodate both vertical and horizontal installations
- Quick Installation – Covers are GFCI pre-set; keyhole slots allow pool professionals and electrical contractors to complete installation in minutes
- Save Storage Space – A compact design helps distributors and installers stock a variety of standard and extra-duty low-profile in-use covers without worrying about space in service vehicles or supply areas
Where Should I Install a Low-Profile In-Use Cover?
While low-profile in-use covers are a great fit in any outdoor application, they’re particularly useful around the pool and in backyard spaces.
Most homeowners don’t need to leave their outdoor electronic appliances and devices, such as audio equipment, fans and blenders, plugged in for days at a time, so having the ability to collapse the cover when it’s not in use is a major plus. Whether bringing out an air compressor to inflate a new batch of pool toys or a flat-screen TV to catch the big game, our latest solution offers a discreet alternative with a sleek, modern look.
Common applications for low-profile in-use covers include:
- Pool panels
- Pool pads and slabs
- Outdoor kitchens
- Patios and pool decks
Ready to get started? Learn more about our new low-profile in-use covers by visiting www.intermatic.com/low-profile-in-use-cover.