The Sales Zone Manager is responsible for leading and managing the sales and margin dollars in their territory for Electrical Distribution, HVACR, Pool and Spa, Utility/Municipality/Co-op and OEM channels. The position will build direct relationships with contractors, utilities, OEM’s and other key end users towards growth of the zone profitability. The individual is responsible for management of independent manufacturers’ representatives selling Intermatic products across the geography. SALES TERRITORY: WASHINGTON, OREGON, IDAHO, MONTANA, ALASKA, WYOMING. Incumbent can live anywhere in the territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Sales: the Sales Zone Manager is responsible for all sales in the zone. Success is measured on top line sales and direct margin dollars against the annual operating plan for the zone.
- Target key markets identified in the region: the Sales Zone Manager will identify the key members of the targeted markets in the region including but not limited to industrial establishments, commercial establishments, systems integrators, facility managers, building maintenance companies, and contractors, to develop key accounts that have large sales potential.
- Manage representatives to exceed sales targets: The Sales Zone Manager will manage the independent manufacturing rep agencies in the zone, developing target accounts and new product introductions.
- Connect with and join key agencies and groups: the Sales Zone Manager will be active and join key industry groups towards driving business in the geography.
- Provide training and overview of Intermatic products: the Sales Zone Manager will work with Product Marketing Managers to provide the appropriate training for the key groups identified for targeting, with a focus on providing and selling solutions.
- Manage events and introductions: the Sales Zone Manager will serve as an intermediary between distributors and contractors, especially those serving the commercial, utility and industrial segment, with an eye toward generating demand to pull Intermatic products through distribution or in some cases a direct sell to the end user as in case with OEM’s and Utilities.
- Work with Product Management to identify New Product ideas. Building on the relationships established, the Sales Zone Manager will work with PM to identify products and solutions that can meet the needs of the targeted contractor, OEM’s and facility manager markets.
- Competitive Feedback: The Sales Zone Manager will communicate competitive pricing, products and solutions gained through market activity in the zone.
- BA/BS or equivalent
- At least 5 years sales experience required
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Knowledge of the industrial distribution industry with a focus on lighting controls
- Overnight travel for customer meetings and company shows
- Benefit eligibility date of hire
- Competitive base salary
- Incentive opportunity above market with upside opportunity
- Will directly manage Independent Rep Agencies
Full-time Intermatic employees have access to a strong program of benefits effective date of hire.
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
In addition, Intermatic offers employees:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health and Wellness Culture
- Training and Development
- Active charitable giving events
Intermatic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or disabled veteran status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, Intermatic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Intermatic expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Intermatic’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.