Design and develop electrical hardware for sophisticated commercial, residential and lighting control systems. Design and develop analog, digital, power switching and wired or wireless electronic circuits to be used in Intermatic products. Work with cross-functional design team to integrate these circuits into final product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Carries out highly complex engineering assignments with very limited supervision.
- Designs, analyzes, troubleshoots, and documents complex digital, analog, power supply and communication circuits. Familiarity with RF circuit design.
- Highly proficient in the use of ECAD tools (schematic capture, PCB layout, circuit simulation).
- Responsible for engineering change orders and documentation maintenance.
- Outlines, performs and directs tests needed to verify design.
- Analyze problems through systematic data collection and develop viable solutions based upon root cause determination.
- Works with software engineering staff on the documentation and development of test code for hardware functional validation.
- Responsible for the creation of engineering change orders and documentation maintenance necessary to complete the product development. Check ECOs for completeness and accuracy of support documentation.
- Maintain the design validity of existing products and pursue cost reductions through design, material and component changes.
- Conducts Product failure analysis.
- Provide support information to Technical Service department.
Education and/or experience:
- BSEE degree in electronics with 10 or more years of experience. Master’s degree a plus.
- Familiarity with wireless circuit design (WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, etc.).
- Knowledge of UL, CSA, IEC, ASHRAE, NEMA, FCC and other standards bodies is desirable.
- Familiarity with low cost, high volume consumer electronic product design and manufacturing is desirable.
- Familiarity with Design for Manufacturing, Design for Quality, and Design for Test principles.
- Knowledgeable in assembly language, C and C++ programming for embedded microprocessors. PLC programming knowledge is a plus.
- Altium knowledge preferred.
- Must have proven design experience with analog and digital circuit, power supplies, embedded systems, and knowledge of power electronics.
- Have clear knowledge of circuit design and PCB layout best practices. Be able to design product within target costs.
- Assist and mentor new or less experienced team members.
Full-time Intermatic employees have access to a strong program of benefits effective date of hire.
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
In addition, Intermatic offers employees:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health and Wellness Culture
- Training and Development
- Active charitable giving events
Intermatic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or disabled veteran status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, Intermatic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Intermatic expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Intermatic’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.