Provide leadership to the electrical engineering team and manage resources effectively according to the priorities set by the product roadmap. Coach, mentor and motivate development staff to consistently deliver competitive products that meet market window opportunities. Continuously assess opportunities to improve product development cycle time. Standardize and ensure adoption of best known methods across product lines and projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accountable for the cost, schedule, quality and technical performance of the electrical team.
- Consistently demonstrate leadership behaviors to motivate and empower the members of the electrical development team.
- Maintain knowledge of engineering best practices and innovations.
- Implement appropriate engineering tools, processes, documentation and management to ensure and improve quality, efficiency, timeliness and innovation in product development.
- Collaborate with the mechanical engineering, software engineering, project management, product management and lab teams to develop quality products that meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Support vendor relationships as appropriate. Supplement development capacity with outside resources to meet critical market need dates.
- Develop team personnel to efficiently deliver electrical development efforts to meet business requirements for all product lines.
- Recognize that time-to-market is a competitive requirement and lead with focus and an appropriate sense of urgency.
Direct reports of the entire electrical engineering team in product engineering
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS Education and/or experience:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience in electrical product development.
- Experience in the design and manufacture of electromechanical and electronic products.
- Experience with UL, CSA, and other regulatory agency requirements and their effect on project management.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be capable of working in a busy office and test lab environment.
- Must be capable of international travel to Intermatic’s manufacturing and supplier facilities.
Full-time Intermatic employees have access to a strong program of benefits effective date of hire.
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
In addition, Intermatic offers employees:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health and Wellness Culture
- Training and Development
- Active charitable giving events
Intermatic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or disabled veteran status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, Intermatic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Intermatic expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Intermatic’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.