Manages and is accountable for sales of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for the US/North American market for custom refrigeration products. Increase OEM sales and profitability through introduction of new products, new customers and alternative applications of existing products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Responsible for sales to strategic national OEM customers including volumes, margin, pricing (in conjunction with marketing partners) and relationships. Develops and implements sales plans to accomplish goals.
- Partners with internal departments on forecasting and planning as well as negotiating agreements, training and product support.
- Develops and applies strategies with respect to competition and market opportunities with current and prospective customers.
- Continually reviews strategy against actual sales and modifies actions appropriately.
- Provides long term input to sales strategic plans.
- Provides continuous feedback to marketing to enhance the product performance and recommend future strategies.
- Maintain the OEM product’s competitiveness by working with Marketing to recommend effective pricing changes.
- Interfaces with Quality department regarding the OEM product’s quality or safety issues.
- Reviews market trends with an emphasis on determining future customer needs and requirements
- Identifies key targets and markets to increase our sales in the OEM channel.
- Develop strong relationships at key OEM customers.
- Develop and nurture relationship with marketing partner to build a strong long-term working partnership.
- Controls departmental travel and entertainment expenses within budgetary guidelines.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and competitor products.
- Strong working relationship with internal engineering and product management will be critical to success.
- Have the ability to trouble-shoot and solve customer problems with our products working closely with their engineering department.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical discipline. MBA preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience selling OEM products
- Proven success selling HVACR products to OEM’s.
- Strong communication skills; written, verbal and presentation
- Ability to use technology for reports, research and presentations
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong relationships with OEM customers in the HVACR channel.
Up to 60% interstate travel and overnight travel will be required.
Full-time Intermatic employees have access to a strong program of benefits effective date of hire.
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
In addition, Intermatic offers employees:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health and Wellness Culture
- Training and Development
- Active charitable giving events
Intermatic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or disabled veteran status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, Intermatic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Intermatic expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Intermatic’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.