The Technical Sales Representative will create sales opportunities through the use of technical knowledge of the markets, customers and products. Three positions are being created: Eastern, Midwest, and Western Regions and will work with the Regional Managers to maximize time and opportunities with customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Establish contact, relationship and opportunities with specification engineers to influence the specification of Intermatic products
- Establish contact, relationship and opportunities with Facility Managers, National Chain Retail Establishments, National Chain Hospitality & Restaurant Accounts and End Users in all channels.
- Train decision makers on the technical merits of Intermatic products to establish specification opportunities.
- Communicate product value and technical details specific to customer needs.
- Develop and execute short and long range goals in alignment with overall business objectives in collaboration with both US Sales Manager and respective Zone Managers
- Responsible for training of customers, agents and Zone Managers as directed by the US Sales Manager.
- Provide strategic input into market trends and share competitive intelligence to support overall sales goals.
- Work with existing sales team to build, develop and manage strategies to ensure goals are met and initiatives are successfully implemented.
- Establish presence in all appropriate associations, affiliations and/or participate in knowledge based certifications in the various industries.
- Apply knowledge and experience to balance day to day tactical and long term strategic objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (business, marketing, or engineering)
- Technical background in controls or similar products
- Strong communication skills, presentation skills and ability to work across many levels of decision makers
Significant travel required (60-75%).
Full-time Intermatic employees have access to a strong program of benefits effective date of hire.
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
In addition, Intermatic offers employees:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health and Wellness Culture
- Training and Development
- Active charitable giving events
Intermatic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or disabled veteran status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, Intermatic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Intermatic expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Intermatic’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.