Design and develop analog, digital, wired or wireless communication circuits, and power electronics to be used in Intermatic products or product test fixtures. Outline and perform tests needed to verify design. Work with cross-functional design team to integrate these circuits into final product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Carries out engineering assignments of reasonably high complexity with limited supervision.
- Designs, troubleshoots, and documents complex digital, analog, and power supply circuits. Familiarity with RF circuit design.
- Outlines, performs and directs tests needed to verify design.
- Responsible for the creation of engineering change orders and documentation maintenance necessary to complete the product development.
- Works with software engineering staff on the documentation and development of test code for hardware functional validation.
- Reviews design for regulatory compliance with relevant UL, CSA, NEC and international standards. Works in coordination with the Reliability Lab to confirm and certify compliance.
- Maintain the design validity of existing products and pursue cost reductions through design, material and component changes.
- Assist and mentor new or less experienced team members.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS Education and/or experience:
- BSEE degree in electronics engineering, 5-10 years of relevant work experience.
- Familiar with digital circuit design, embedded microprocessor design, LCD displays, and analog circuit design.
- Experience in wireless circuit design (WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee) a plus.
- Knowledge of UL, CSA, IEC, ASHRAE, NEMA and other standards bodies is desirable.
- Knowledgeable in assembly language, C and C++ programming for embedded microprocessors. PLC programming knowledge is a plus.
- Highly proficient in the use of ECAD tools (schematic capture, PCB layout, circuit simulation), Altium knowledge preferred. Basic understanding of SolidWorks is a plus.
- Must be a flexible, team player, with broad interests and capabilities who possesses the ability to assume different roles to keep projects on schedule.
- Must be able to work in a project team environment. This includes members from Mechanical Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Software Engineering, Manufacturing, and the Test Lab.
- Good presentation and communication skills. Conveys information clearly and effectively in written and verbal communications. Presents technical information in easily understood terms.
- Able to effectively manage the demands of multiple projects. Manages workload and is effective at completing goals and objectives in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is a must.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be capable of working in a busy office and test lab environment.
- Must be capable of international travel to Intermatic’s manufacturing and supplier facilities.
Full-time Intermatic employees have access to a strong program of benefits effective date of hire.
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
In addition, Intermatic offers employees:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health and Wellness Culture
- Training and Development
- Active charitable giving events
Intermatic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or disabled veteran status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, Intermatic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Intermatic expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Intermatic’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.