Create and close sales opportunities with major MRO distributor through the use of technical knowledge of the markets, customers and products. The Channel Sales Representative is responsible for driving Intermatic products through major MRO and other selected accounts with the help of the major MRO sales team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Establish strong relationship and engagement with account leadership while working with local sales team across the USA to close sales opportunities within major MRO and other selected accounts.
- Drive sales with local major MRO sales team through joint sales calls, end user calls, and other strategic means.
- Develop and execute short and long range goals which are aligned with overall business objectives in collaboration with major MRO and Intermatic.
- Responsible for training of sales teams, customers, and end users.
- Work closely with onsite locations to further grow sales collectively.
- Work closely with major MRO top customers throughout the US.
- Key areas of customer focus include, but not limited to: government, education, contractors, national accounts, manufacturing, commercial, healthcare, property management, industrial.
- Gain and maintain a technical knowledge of Intermatic products specific to all industries.
- Provide recommendations for specific products and applications.
- Provide strategic input into market changes in solutions and gain competitive intelligence that will support overall sales acumen.
- Apply knowledge and experience to balance day to day tactical and long-term strategic objectives.
- Coordinate pricing and marketing initiatives with Intermatic US Sales Manager.
- Qualified candidates will possess a bachelor's degree in a related field (business, marketing, or engineering) and have a technical background in controls, lighting, or similar products. This position requires a combination of technical “Know how” and the ability to communicate well with multiple levels of decision-making personnel.
- Prior experience selling to Grainger or other major MRO a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial sales experience.
- Experience using Salesforce or another CRM system.
Significant travel required (60-75%).
Full-time Intermatic employees have access to a strong program of benefits effective date of hire.
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
In addition, Intermatic offers employees:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health and Wellness Culture
- Training and Development
- Active charitable giving events
Intermatic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or disabled veteran status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, Intermatic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Intermatic expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Intermatic’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.