Develop and execute strategy to sell Intermatic products into the Utility, Municipality and Cooperative markets. Work across sales department to identify relationships, share opportunities and deliver quality products into the channel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Develops analysis and plans to improve sales, margins and penetration in the municipality and utility market in conjunction with Intermatic’s annual operating plan.
- Works with Product Marketing Managers to develop and implement plans for product enhancements.
- Determines sales opportunities for Intermatic product within the channel.
- Develop and prioritize target accounts to drive success.
- Build relationships with key customers.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote the brand and identify leads.
- Delivers sales presentations to key end users.
- Identifies sales agents and negotiates terms of contracts.
- Monitors and evaluates the competitive position of Intermatic product in the channel.
- Prepares and presents periodic sales presentations showing sales attainment and potential sales volume.
- Works directly with VP Sales, VP Marketing, and relevant Marketing Manager on pricing and product issues and opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales or marketing from a four-year college or university. MBA preferred.
- Minimum five years sales or experience in the Utility, Municipality Cooperative channel.
- Prior experience with agencies who service the municipality and utility market and relationships with key end users in the market.
Full-time Intermatic employees have access to a strong program of benefits effective date of hire.
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
In addition, Intermatic offers employees:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health and Wellness Culture
- Training and Development
- Active charitable giving events
Intermatic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or disabled veteran status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, Intermatic complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Intermatic expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Intermatic’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.